A new me in 2010!

Can I make my goal in GPT this year?

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A big request

I need a huge favor.

My husband is in need of prayer in a big, big way. Here's why...he is mentally ill. He has severe bipolar disorder to the point where the US Navy has declared him as 100% totally and permenently disabled as well as Social Security. He has dealt with this for years.

For the most part, most of the time, he is okay. But along with the BP he has Seasonal Affective Disorder (known as SAD from now on). His sad is triggered by the weather and the fact that he had 2 very traumatic events happen around Christmas back in 2002.

Basically this is what happens...he gets depressed and from there it snowballs. It starts out as SAD, but eventually his BP takes over. This is where the problems start. He becomes lethargic and unresponsive. His thought processes are interuppted and even doing the smallest tasks, like getting dressed or remembering to bathe become an ordeal for him. As a direct result of that, he gets easily frustrated and angry, both on the inside and on the outside. He becomes beligerent, and frankly an all around butthead. (Lol, and he admits that. )

This year has/is especially bad for him. He is on medication (Lamictal and Zoloft) but they seem to not be controlling it this year for some reason. My personal belief is that it has to do with a 2 week trip we took from Iowa to Arkansas to California then back to Iowa. I think the stress of that has just turned his brain to mush.

I am begging you all to send up a quick prayer for him. His faith waivers when he is like this so I doubt he will do it himself. It would be much appreciated.

0 comments: