A new me in 2010!

Can I make my goal in GPT this year?

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Mashed Potatoes

5 lbs potatoes, peeled (9 large)
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons onions or garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2-4 tablespoons butter
butter, for greasing pan
butter, to melt on the mountain at serving time


Quarter the spuds, cook in salted water until tender (25-30 min?), drain well, and mash.

Add remaining ingredients, mixing well (I use my KitchenAid mixer).

Butter a large casserole dish, spoon spuds into the pan, smoothing off the top.

Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes OR zap in the microwave until heated through.

SERVE: Stir, then spoon into a lovely LARGE bowl, add a dollop of butter at the top of the mountain.

NOTE: These can be made up to a week ahead of the time they're needed and then reheated.

0 comments: