A new me in 2010!

Can I make my goal in GPT this year?

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The beginning of my journey

Okay...so my house is hit. I don't mean messy like normal messy, I mean "We just got back from a 2 week vacation, mom has been down sick since then" kind of messy.

Its flat out nasty in some spots...I love him, but I swear he couldn't pick up a dish rag if his life depended on it. Lol. EVERY dish in my house (minus a few skillets and the bread machine <--cause he doesn't know how to use it) is dirty. My house has NEVER looked this badly and it won't for long. Its 12:45 am and I am still up catching up on laundry (little one has no clean panties or socks) and doing dishes. Yuck. Plain and Simple Yuck. So step one of my journey. Clean and de-clutter the kitchen (might as well do that while I am at it). Here's my list. To keep me motivated, I am going to come back here and check everything off as I do it. >Replace everything in an orderly fashion (HA!),
Clean off top of storage pantry,
Replace cookbooks neatly,
Move microwave to its new home,
replace plastic over back door (we had to give my stepdaughter the front door key so she could feed the cat and forgot that the back door was covered in plastic, we had to tear it down to get in when we got home from vacation),
sweep,
mop

When everything is checked off of this list, I will post pics so you all can see my prettiness...lol.

My kitchen isn't much. We bought a fixer upper and have more pressing issues than anything asthestic. LOl. But its my kitchen and I am tired of it not being some place I can go to and feel at home in. I want a comfy and cozy place that I can nurioush my family from. :)

Off to the kitchen now...


Wish me luck!!


EDIT: 1/13/09 I gave up last night with just a couple dishes to go. Lol I had to get some sleep, but hopefully (with the Grace of God) I can get this done today.

2 comments:

The Harris Family said...

Thanks for visiting my blog...
The Broccoli Cheese Braid is one of my family's favorites! It is actually a Pampered Chef recipe...
2c. cooked chicken finely chopped
1c. broccoli finally chopped
1/2c red pepper finely chopped
1c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/3c. mayo
2 tsp Pampered chef dill mix
1 clove garlic pressed
2 pkgs. cresent rolls

Mix all above ingredients together
take cressent rolls and make it into a "Tree" (look online at a pampered chef 'braid' to do this)
Place mixture inside of tree and fold over edges.
Bake 375 for 25-30 min.

ENJOY!

GO BUCKEYES!!!

Stacy said...

Oh that sounds good....will have to try it.