A new me in 2010!

Can I make my goal in GPT this year?

Saturday, January 31, 2009

And the world goes calm...

So...well things are quieting down here some. My DH is home from the hospital, with his meds straighted out. He is starting to come back to himself more and more everyday. I love it b/c I finally have the man I married back instead of what can only be described as an angry shell of him before.

Went grocery shopping yesterday....still spent over 100, but thats okay. I decided that I am not going to stress over that. If it comes down, it comes down. However, the main cost of the bill was items for the SuperBowl. DH is a HUGE football fan, so I am throwing a full out party...lol, even if it is just the three of us.

The list of what I bought is way to long to post here, but I thought I would share some of my deals...

Smuckers jelly 1.29 (reg price is 2.29)
large eggs .99 ea (reg. 1.49)
boneless skinless chicken breast 1.99lb (reg 2.49 or higher)
boneless sirloin roast 2.49lb (reg 3.99 or higher)
Chex Mix 1.25 ea (reg 1.99)
Kraft American Cheese 12 oz 1.67 ea (reg over 2.00)
Kraft Mac and Cheese 2/1 (reg over 1.00, and the cheap stuff was on sale for the same price.)
Hillshire Farms Little Smokies 2.50 ea (reg over 3.00)
Pepsi 2 Liters 4/5 (reg 1.59 ea plus tax and deposit)
Lays chips 2.47 ea (reg 3.99)
GM cereal 1.68 ea (reg over 2.50)

In addition, there's a "rebate" out there for the chips and pop, where when you buy so many they will send you a coupon booklet. I got this last year too and its pretty decent.

Here is the link with the offer details and form if you are interested. I would have posted it sooner, but life took over.

http://www.pepsistuff.com/2009superbowl_webform.pdf

Anyhow, hope you all have a wonderful day!

0 comments: