A new me in 2010!

Can I make my goal in GPT this year?

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Homemakin Hero's

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Tim 2:15


I got to thinking today about when I was a kid. Not putting her down or anything, she did the best she could with what God gave her, but my mom wasn't the mothering type. I wasn't taught to cook, clean, anything. She was always in the hospital when I was growing up and when she was home she never offered for me to help her, so it was either I teach myself or just didn't learn. Unfortunately for the most part, I chose the later.

But I can remember that I wanted to be like June Cleaver when I was growing up. Lol. I wanted to be the mom that always had the delicious, nutrient rich dinner on the table when everyone walked thru the door, the one that met her husband at the door with a kiss and a genuine smile, the one everyone loved and wanted to be like.

I wanted that so badly. I can look back now and realize that I wanted to be that because she (June) is the exact opposite of my mother. I wanted to be a real mom.

But I'm not. LOL, I know that I could never achieve that perfect June-ness. I know that as an imperfect human being saved by the Grace of God that I could never come close to that. But I can try right? If I stop trying to perfect it then I will never improve, right? If I stop studying I will never learn, right?

Who was your homemaking hero? Or am I the only one that had one?

0 comments: