A new me in 2010!

Can I make my goal in GPT this year?

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My baby's b-day and losing weight

So my little girl turns 4 on Thursday. *Sneef Sneef* They really do grow up too fast yanno...

Anyhow, we had her party this past weekend because it was the weekend her stepbrothers were with us. She had a really great time, and got the Moon Sand she had been asking for for months.

Note: Awesome stuff, but MESSY! MESSY! MESSY!! It gets all over the place and no matter how much you try to keep that from happening, you just can't. Would be much better if I had a table in my kitchen or anything other than carpet in my dining room, but with carpet it just goes in and you can't get it out unless you vacuum constantly.

Anyhow, I will get some pics posted as soon as I can find the usb cord for my camera. Lol, I am always losing that stupid thing.

You know what tho...I was reminded in the middle of that small b-day party what a great child I have managed to raise so far. She takes a bite of her cake, does the whole "mmmm, yummy" thing, then looks at me and says "Mommy, thank you for my birthday party." Wow. I have a great child.


I made a promise at the beginning of the year...not so much a resolution but more of a promise to myself that I would try to lose weight this year. No given amount set, just that I would try and lose something. Even 2 lbs would be a start...lol.

I got the clearance from my doctor today to go ahead and start a program or something. So I am going to be doing Weight Watchers from home. Not paying for it, can't afford it, but I found a site online that lists all the foods and their point values. I was also able to come across the quiz you take to determine daily points so I know that too...32 points a day with 35 allowance points a week.

Anyhow, I hope you all don't mind if I post my daily totals and such here to help keep me motivated. I get discouraged really easily so I am hoping that by posting here that it will help me. That starts tomorrow.

Also a GDA (Good Deal Alert) for ya'll before I go.

I had a gift card for JC Penny's that I got for working Simple Gpt last month so I headed in there today to grab some socks for the little one. They are having a huge sale right now. Almost everything that I saw was at least 50% off or bogo 50%, but most of it was 70% off. I was able to get her 2 outfits, a pack of socks, a pair of sneakers and Damon (DH) a pair of flannel pj's for under 45.00. The skirt I got her was only 2.97, one shirt was 4.97, the other 2 seperates were 6.99 ea, sneakers for 7.99 and pj's were 10.99.

Awesome deals for JC Penny's!

Night all

0 comments: