A new me in 2010!

Can I make my goal in GPT this year?

Friday, January 23, 2009

Menu Planning for week of 1-23 to 1-29

Okay...so last weeks menu's got kinda all clustered about. The good part is that while we may not have eaten every meal on the menu or we may have shifted days, we didn't buy anything or fix anything that wasn't on that list. There were a couple of nights where we ended up not being home at dinner so I was actually up 2 meals for this week that I didn't have to buy.


Here's the plan for next week.





Date Lunch Dinner
January 24 grilled cheese, tomato soup baked spaghetti, salad, homemade breadsticks
January 25 hot dogs, mac and cheese taco bake
January 26 leftover buffet chicken and brocolli alfredo
January 27, soup and sandwiches beef and noodles, green beans, mashed potatoes
January 28, chicken nuggets, lipton side pork chops, augratin potatoes, green beans, applesauce
January 29 grab and growl meatloaf, mixed veggies, mashed potatoes

We shall see how it goes.

In other news, went shopping today. Spent over 100.00 again this week...I really hope I can get it back down some here soon. Did manage to get a few good deals tho and one happy dance deal..lol.

The lowered my cat's wet food from .85 for one to 2/.85. Yes we feed him an offbrand, but I was still shocked at that much of a price drop. Oh well tho, I will be stocking up on it before it rises again.

I got:

Sara Lee brea-1.18 a loaf
milk for 1.46 a gallon with the save 1.00 on milk wyb sara lee bread
breakfast sausage for .99 a roll
Oscar Meyer bacon at 2/5.
Downy fabric softener sheets for1.59 w/ coupon
Ragu for 1.48 ea
80% lean ground beef for 1.49lb...lol, I got 10lbs...
Skippy pb for .99
12 Charmin Big Rolls for 5.88--I know, I could buy cheaper tp but this is my one splurge item, and if you break this price down by roll its the same price as the cheap stuff.

I am going back later to pick up a couple more things of pb since it was limit 2, some more of that sausage, and Carefree pantiliners that they have on sale for .99 I may even pick up another thing of that Charmin since thats such a good price for it. Also gonna have them price match the Walgreens and HyVee ads to get some cheap Dawn and Kleenex.

Yanno, I really miss having coupons for all this stuff.

0 comments: