A new me in 2010!

Can I make my goal in GPT this year?

Monday, January 12, 2009

A Helpmeet for Him...

"And the LORD God said, [It is] not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. Gen 2: 18"

This blog is dedicated to my husband and to the journey that I am traveling in learning to be a better wife to him.

A bit about myself...

I am an EXTREMELY unorganized person..I hardly ever know what I am having for dinner until right before (which leads to a rush in getting something thawed), my desk looks like it hasn't been cleaned in years (when in reality it hasn't been all that long) and my house is a clutter and disaster area.

I try to be a good wife to him. I try to let him know how much I love him by showing him everyday, but then I realized that it isn't enough. I could tell him that I love him a thousand times a day but as long as I was letting his house be cluttered and messy, as long as I wasn't feeding him nutricious meals every night, as long as I was slacking that I really wasn't showing him.

And worst of all...I wasn't following God's plan for my marriage. I haven't been following the orders of God to be a helpmeet to my husband...to submit to him...to try and be like
Sarah (1 Pet 3:6).

So I prayed and went searching for ways to fix the problem (I am a firm believer that God does help those who help themselves), and I found some answers.

So...

I invite you to join me on my journey to becoming the type of wife and mother that not only I want to be, but that God wants me to be.

0 comments: