A new me in 2010!

Can I make my goal in GPT this year?

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"When will you remember me?"

I was raised in church my entire life. I am the daughter of a Baptist preacher. I once walked with God closely.


Somewhere along the road I lost my way. I couldn't tell you when or where, but it happened. I am finding my way back now.


I haven't prayed in a LOOOONG time. For a while there I pretty much forgot that God existed except for the hard times. I remind myself of the Children of Israel in the Bible who only prayed when they needed help.


This was one of those times.


I want another baby. I can't have one as my husband had a vasectomy 12 years ago (with his first wife). I know that the only way I am going to have another child is by the Grace of God.

So I turned to my old ways. I prayed.

And I prayed...


And I prayed.

Then one day, my 4 year old decided that she wanted me to read the Bible to her. So I did it...at the time I wasn't real happy about it, but I did it.


I let her pick where we were going to read. She picked the Bible up and just opened it, pointed and said "here." Lol.

She had opened it to the story of Hannah praying that God would give her a baby.

I'm not ignorant...lol, I learned a long time ago that the Holy Spirit will speak to us when we least expect it. I read her the story...and I paid attention.

So from then on out, I prayed Hannah's prayer..."remember me Lord..."

After about a week of praying this...and I mean pretty much non stop praying this, I repeated the words "remember me Lord" and I promise you..it was pretty much instant, the Holy Spirit spoke to me with "When will you remember Me?"


I had forgotten Him and of course, he knew that. So I have slowly started to find my way back. Not because I think I will get a baby out of it (I may never get that baby), but because I've realized I was so much more happier when I walked with Him. I crave that relationship that I used to have, that closeness I once had with the Lord...the trust and faith I had.


I'd like to ask you all to pray for me. I need all the help I can get.

And to ask...

Did you remember him today?

0 comments: