A new me in 2010!

Can I make my goal in GPT this year?

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thankful Thursday-My daughter

Welcome to Thursday's new feature!

A lot of time life can get so hectic for us that we fail to stop and remember all of the ways that God has blessed us. I know that I am guilty of it more often than not.

So each week I'm going to post something that I'm thankful for. It may just be one thing, it may be many, but I hope that it will make me realize just how much the Lord has given me and mine and stop taking advantage of it so much.

So here we go.

As I've said before I have Fibromyalgia. My life is affected by this illness in many many ways, most of them negative. Unfortunately, it's not only my life that's affected but my entire family's as well. My husband b/c at times I can't be a proper wife to him, my children b/c I can't do the things I'd like to all the time, etc.

Anyhow, as the weather has turned cold (and I do mean cold) here in Iowa, the flares and the pain have also turned on. I'm not saying that warm weather is pain free, but cold weather is like turning on a light switch. I stay in pain and stiff pretty much all winter.

The current flare however has been worse than most. My range of motion has diminished to almost nothing and my ability to walk has been severly cut in half. So last night I had had enough of the pain and stiffness and decided I was going to go soak in the tub. After soaking, and finding no relief, I made my way back downstairs and sat down on the couch.

As I sat, I whinced and whimpered from the pain that shot thru my back. It was at that point that I realized just exactly how wonderful my child is. My daughter. My sweet little 4 year old daughter, sat down beside my and began to rub my back.

After I few minutes I realized that I had water in my ear and there was no way I was going to be able to go back up the stairs for a while, so I asked her to run and get me a Q-tip and off she went. A few minutes later, she comes down the stairs carrying not only a Q-tip but also a blanket for me because "you might be cold."

After all that, she promptly sat down next to me, curled up and fell asleep while hugging my arm as gently as she could.

I looked at my husband and told him that we did indeed have a wonderful child and that if I've done NOTHING else right in my life, I've done right with her.

I am so thankful that I have her. I've always "known" she was a great kid, but I don't think it fully set in until last night. I hope and pray that I can continue to raise her right. We've got a long way to go..lol.

Thank you Lord for giving me such a wonderful baby girl and for helping me to raise her your way.

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Prov 22:6

0 comments: