So I made the chicken noodle soup last night..WOW!
Here's the recipe, gotta try it out!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 carrots, chopped or sliced
- 3celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped ( I did not have onion, so I added 1/4tsp onion powder)
- 2garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (32 ounce) boxes chicken broth (or 2 of the big ones from swanson)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 16 oz bags homestyle noodles (from the freezer section, I use Reames)
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed (the original recipe calls for this, but I forgot it and couldn't tell any difference).
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt (aka Season All)
- 1 teaspoon all purpose seasoning (I use Spike)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (I used 2 spigs chopped up)
- 1/2 of a whole chicken, meat only (I keep the chunks big)(cooked mine in crock pot)
1In a large saucepot, saute carrots, celery and onion in the butter for 2 minutes over med-high heat.
2Add broth and bay leaf, give it a stir, put the lid on the pot and crank up the heat to high until it start boiling.
3When boiling, remove lid an drop in the noodles, chicken and seasonings. Give it a good stir and leave the lid off.
4Boil on med-high for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, lower heat to get a good simmer. Simmer for 20-30 minutes. Remove Bay leaf and serve.